From herewith in this TOS, AUP, SLA and PP, the usage of "us", "we", "our", "ours" shall constitute reference to Cochinwebhost, the usage of "you", "your", "they", "them" shall refer to client / customer of Cochinwebhost.
Our AUP ( Acceptable Use Policy ) and TOS (Terms of Service) policies are provided to give our customers and users a clear understanding of what Cochin Web Hosting expects of them while using the service.
To all users of Cochin Web Hosting Internet services:
Those who access some of our Services but do not have accounts, as well as those who pay a service fee to subscribe to the Services, must comply with this AUP and our TOS (Terms of Service). Use of Cochin Web Hosting Service constitutes acceptance and agreement to Cochin Web Hosting AUP as well as Cochin Web Hosting TOS (Terms of Service)
We support the uncensored flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not actively monitor subscriber activity under normal circumstances. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any web site, e-mail transmission, newsgroups, or other material created or accessible over or through the services, except for certain proprietary Web sites. However, in accordance with our TOS (Terms of Service), we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP.
Cochin Web Hosting may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrongdoing. Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or immediate termination of either your Cochin Web Hosting account. This document is intended to provide a basic understand of Cochin Web Hosting Acceptable Use Policy.
The following are guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of Cochin Web Hosting AUP:
- Ensure reliable service to our customers.
- Ensure security and privacy of our systems and network, as well as the networks and systems of others.
- Comply with existing laws Maintain our reputation as a responsible service provider.
- Encourage responsible use of the Internet and discourage activities which reduce the usability and value of Internet services.
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression and exchange of information.
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual users Cochin Web Hosting intends to provide its customers access to everything the Internet has to offer.
While Cochin Web Hosting is firmly committed to the principles of free speech, certain activities that may be damaging to the resources of both the Cochin Web Hosting and the Internet and cannot be permitted under the guise of free speech. The resources of the Cochin Web Hosting and the Internet are limited, and abuse of these resources by one user has a negative impact on the entire community. We do not routinely monitor the activity of accounts except for measurements of system utilization and the preparation of billing records. However, in our efforts to promote good citizenship within the Internet community, we will respond appropriately if we become aware of inappropriate use of our service.
You may not use your virtual site to publish material, which Cochin Web Hosting determines, at its sole discretion, to be unlawful, indecent or objectionable. For purposes of this policy, "material" refers to all forms of communications including narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, logos), executable programs, video recordings, and audio recordings. If a Cochin Web Hosting account is used to violate the Acceptable Use Policy or our TOS, we reserve the right to terminate your service. We prefer to advise customers of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action, however, flagrant violations of the Acceptable Use Policy will result in immediate termination of service. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time. As a member of our network community, you must use your Internet access responsibly. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at Cochin Web Hosting.
VIOLATIONS OF Cochin Web Hosting TOS/ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Examples of what Cochin Web Hosting considers non-acceptable content and/or links to such.
- Pirated software/s.
- Bulk Email /Spam related products.
- Unsolicited/Marketing emails.
- Illegal Pornography/Nudity.
- Adut content of any type.
- Warez/Adults/Cracked products forum/blog.
- Hacking/cracking related websites.
- Warez and/or copyrighted MP3s.
- Illegal material or material that is against public policy.
- Free Hosting of any kind.
- Game sites.
- Public Download Sites of any kind(computer applications,games,mobile apps).
- Proxy Sites.
- Bulk File Storage and Streaming Audio/Video hosting.
- User Forums containing links to material that violates our TOS.
- Content or links to sites that are detrimental to public policy, health and welfare.
- No rapishare related scripts.
- No MIRC.
- Dummy domains are not allowed ( Domains created just for fun or testing purposes or invalid domains or zero megabyte domains which are not pointing to our server).
- Use 21% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
- Abusing our staffs of any kind.
- Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
- Run any type of web spider or indexer on shared servers.
- Run any software that interfaces with an IRC network.
- Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. Please note that you may link to torrents off server, but may not host or store them.
- Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities.
- Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes.
- Use of the Cochin Web Hosting service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
- Use of the Cochin Web Hosting service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Use of the Cochin Web Hosting service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Opening a PayPal dispute will immediately terminate all the active service with us. You can contact us to discuss if you have any issues regarding payment.
- Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation. Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM) Use of the Cochin Web Hosting service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending Cochin Web Hosting account.
- Malicious intent to impede another person's use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of the offending Cochin Web Hosting account.
- Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the Cochin Web Hosting service is in violation of this AUP.
- Cochin Web Hosting has a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
- Use of the Cochin Web Hosting service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Cochin Web Hosting or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending Cochin Web Hosting account is subject to immediate termination. Accessing shell without permission is prohibitted and may cause the account suspension.
- Use of the Cochin Web Hosting service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Use of the Cochin Web Hosting service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent. Network disruptions and unfriendly activity: Use of the Cochin Web Hosting service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use Cochin Web Hosting Services or the Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DOS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment is prohibited. It is the Member's responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Subscriber may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Subscriber may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner. Unauthorized entry and/or use of another company and/or individual's computer system will result in immediate account Cochin Web Hosting will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
- Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
- Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right:
Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.
- Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offense will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
- Use of software or any device that would facilitate a continued connection, i.e. pinging, while using Cochin Web Hosting services could result in suspension service.
- In order to maximize uptime on our servers, media, backups, warez, are forbidden on the server. Video/Game/Music targeted sites are not allowed.
- Cochin Web Hosting subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account, that violates guidelines created within the Acceptable Use Policy.
You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a client, friend, family member, guest or employee. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to your account. In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server.
Your password provides access to your account. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure.
Incase of VPS/Dedicated Servers we cancel it immediately after the due date if you are not paying the invoice. Due to the agreements between the datacenter and us, the server cancellation request will be honoured only if the cancellation was done before 1 day of the due date.
The users are responsible for files in their hosting account. So they must backup their important files in local pc , If your account is terminated /suspended because of breaking our TOS, then we can not provide you ,your files. So all users are requested to take their account's backup at least once in a week. We are NOT responsible for any file loss / modifications in your account due to hacking / illegal activity problems.
For the maximum performance and for getting sufficient storage space for all the users, a user may not store the backup of their site in this server. Users can generate backup and download it to their pc within 24 hrs
We always help for a reseller to move their client's backup. The first 10 backup restoring will be free of charge. From 11 there shall be a fee as decided by the support department. You should contact us before providing us the backup for restoring. Not paying the fee will be treated as violation of the tos and is subjected to the hosting account suspension/removal.
REPORTING VIOLATIONS OF Cochin Web Hosting AUP & TOS:
Cochin Web Hosting requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP & TOS to direct the information to the Abuse Department at Cochin Web Hosting If available, please provide the following information:
- The IP address used to commit the alleged violation.
- The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone or offset from GMT.
- Evidence of the alleged violation E-mail with full header information provides all of the above, as do system log files. Other situations will require different methods of providing the above information.
Need Help ?
If you ever have any concerns regarding our services, we're always here to help. Send an email to email@example.com with the domain name you are transferring and we'll help you out